1. Wash your hands with warm water and soap. Dry completely.
2. Open the blood collection tube, stand the open tube upright and place blood collection tube the cap upside down.
3. Using the swab, wipe the whole ﬁngertip (ring or middle ﬁnger) and allow swab to dry.
4. Twist and pull the thin protruding plastic safety seal from the lancet.
5. Place the open-end tip of the lancet on the ﬁnger and ﬁrmly press down tip press on the lancet trigger.
6. Stand up, hold your hand below your waist and gently massage your ﬁnger towards the puncture site to encourage blood ﬂow.
7. Wipe the ﬁrst droplet of blood away.
8. If needed, continue to massage the ﬁnger from the base to obtain more massage blood.
9. Draw your ﬁnger over the inner rim of the tube to scrape the blood oﬀ into the tube.
10. If necessary, gently tap the tube to allow the blood to fall to the bottom of the tube.
11. Continue ﬁlling the tube up to the white line.
12. Securely press the cap back onto the blood tube. A click must be heard.
13. Wipe the ﬁngertip clean and apply the plaster provided.
14. Return the sample, form and both lancets to the kit box.
15. Place the collection kit box into the plastic bag provided and seal.
16. Ideally, store the bag in the refrigerator (2-8°C) until collection. Please do not freeze